Re: [OM] Utility of Memory function?

Subject: Re: [OM] Utility of Memory function?
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 12:19:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Alain Duquet wrote:

|I always think that the concept of light meter function on the OM4 and 4T was
|perfect until
|I discover that :
|The memorisation of exposition, when you push the memory function lever,
|is just for the next shoot.
|This function is uncommun and have no utility for me when I'm in aperture
|priority mode
|and want to freeze the measure.
|Anybody have an opinion on this fact?

The utility presents itself when you want to shoot the same subject
against a variety of backgrounds under varying light conditions.  for
instance, shooting a human model successively against a light then
dark backgrounds.  By establishing the correct exposure for the first
shot and memorizing it (i.e., invoke the memory function), one can
then proceed immediately to shoot the same subject against the darker
background with correct results.