Re: [OM] Warm Beer...

Subject: Re: [OM] Warm Beer...
From: Clive Warren <Clive.Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 98 17:40:49 BST

>>Denton wrote:
>>>I hope you all remember this old joke...
>>>
>>>Question: Why do the English like warm beer?
>>>
>>>Answer: Because they all have Lucas refrigerators!
>

>          If I didn't know any better, I would think this is a motorcycle
>  newsgroup (having been a Norton owner some time ago). I can't help but
>  wonder where Lucas jokes fit in reference to cameras.
>
>                                                     enjoy,
>                                                       Brad

You mean all this time you didn't know that OM cameras are metaphors for
old British Motorcycles?

There were a couple of old Nortons in my garage when I last had a look, and
one in the hall cunningly disguised as a covered mattress (88SS Domiracer
just as it came off the track after my last outing.... just needs new light
seals).

Share and enjoy,

                  Clive

PS 1962 was the cut-off date for motorcycles, 1973 for MG cars, and much
later for MPP field, view and technical cameras.  BMW bought Rover after it
had been turned around and used Japanese engines.  The UK now has no major
manufacturing industry producing cars.  The policy of ceasing car
manufacture has not helped with traffic volumes.  I have a 1963 LandRover
and a 1973 MG (last of the chrome bumpers before USA import regulations
demanded certain headlight height and spacing resulting in cranked up
suspension and rubber bumpers).

Wanted - house with garage in remote part of the world with photographic
opportunities where the last 25 years didn't happen, or limited form of
time travel.

All the best,

              Clive   http://clive.bel-epa.com