Re: [OM] OM-F/OM-30

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-F/OM-30
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Sep 98 21:33:35 +0200
On Lun, 28 set 1998 15:50, Pauls0627@xxxxxxx <mailto:Pauls0627@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Does anybody have any experience with this camera? What are the
>differences
>from the OM-G/OM-20? They look almost the same. I understand that there
>is an
>in-focus trigger mechanism that couples with a motor/winder, and that it
>somehow couples more closely with the 35-70 AF lens. Does this imply an
>internal focusing sensor? I don't see them very often on the used market,
>and
>was wondering what the going rate was.

You got it. there is an AF sensor, that blinks a led when the subject is in
focus. Differences with OM-G? OM-F uses 5 batteries...  OM-G is more or
less what an OM-10 should have been.

Rate is not too much... very far from F-3 AF stuff :-(

Better saying 35-70 "Autofocus" lens in order to avoid confusion with the
35-70 AF lens for OM-77/OM-707 and OM-88/OM-101.

Marco