Re: [OM] changes in optical formula

Subject: Re: [OM] changes in optical formula
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 01:33:44 EDT
Hi Shawn:

>  the 10/76 lens guide lists 6/4, while the
>  current model is 5/4. It seems likely that the element change occurred when
>  the coatings did, but who knows for sure...

Yikes, I'm game to the challenge: There never was anything called a 85mm f/2
E.Zuiko (just an F.Zuiko), so the change was in January, 1979, as per the OM-2
Manual of 1-79.

For those who have "The Olympus OM Way," the switch had already been
implemented when the chart on page 418 was completed (sometime in 1979).  It
was only error I've ever noted in the book.

I find no evidence to support a design change in the 24mm f/2.8

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV