Re: [OM] E Bay technique [Potential OM content]

Subject: Re: [OM] E Bay technique [Potential OM content]
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:40:11 EDT
In a message dated 9/30/98 10:30:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, WKato@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< What is the best technique for getting the lowest price on E bay?  I see
it's
 easy to get into a bidding war with someone.  Should I just wait until the
end
 and bid my maxiimum dollar amount so as to prevent someone from outbidding me
 and to let others think that they have the highest bid?  How late is too
late?

 Warren Kato >>

This is what I do...

First, I research the item for sale as much as possible. Don't be afraid to
ask a lot of questions of the seller. I look at used prices at other places as
well (including the archives from this list).

Based on this, I decide what I am willing to pay for the item. It's easy to
get in a bidding war, so I *try* to be very strict and not let myself go over
that price.

At this point I sit, wait, and watch. If the bid goes above what I want to
pay, I just forget about it. Otherwise I put in a proxy bid for my max amount
as close as possible to the end of the sale. I see no point in bidding until
then. Then I go to bed and check in the morning who won.

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI