[OM] Utility of Memory function?

Subject: [OM] Utility of Memory function?
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:02:56 -0700
Cc: Alain Duquet <alain.duquet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>From: Alain Duquet <alain.duquet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>I always think that the concept of light meter function on the OM4 and 4T was
>perfect until
>I discover that :
>The memorisation of exposition, when you push the memory function lever,
>is just for the next shoot...

Not on any 4/4t I've used! In fact, I routinely use the memory when
shooting panoramas -- I take 8 spots around the circle, memorize the
exposure, then shoot all the shots the same, to avoid obvious density
changes when the pan shots are stitched together.

Okay, I just went and played with it, and I think I see what you mean. It
seems to have two modes:

1) in spot mode, the exposure of the spot(s) you have chosen is frozen when
you press memory,

2) in auto mode, the exposure of the next shot you take after pressing
memory is frozen.

Does yours work differently from this?

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229