Re: [OM] bokeh?;

Subject: Re: [OM] bokeh?;
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:00:23 +0000
This is probably my fault - mea culpa.  I raised the topic a while
ago - to some derision - as I had noticed that two of my lenses with
what I thought was the nicest bokeh, also had more numerous aperture
diaphram blades than my other zuikos.  This got me to wondering if
this was coincidence or whether there was a cause-effect relationship
and what it might be.

The two zuikos with the nicest bokeh had nine blades, most of the
others had 8 while the poor old 35mm f2 had only 6.

I do not believe for one instant that this is the only
determining factor for bokeh just that it is part of the puzzle.

Of course the number of blades has no effect if a lens is used wide
open but does as soon as you close down one stop.

Giles

snip