[OM] Winder for OM1

Subject: [OM] Winder for OM1
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 12:11:36 +1000
Hi all,

I have a question regarding my OM1 (s/n 10404xx), which does not have the MD
label on the front.  The manual which it was originally bought with in
England in 1976 (date code 1176) gives all the instructions for Winder 1 and
Motor Drive 1, and shows pictures of 3 OM1s (no MD badges) with winder,
drive, and drive with 250 back.  My OM1 has the contacts for the winder and
drive units, but from Lee's FAQ I see that if there's no badge, neither
winder nor drive can be used.

I'm looking for one of these units with which to try my camera, but in the
meantime, does anyone know if there was a period in which non-MD-badged OM1s
_could_ use winders and/or drives?

TIA for any responses

Andy