Re: [OM] Olympus RC and RD?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus RC and RD?
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 08:37:24 +0000
>I'm looking for a small camera better than most "point and shoots". Has
>: anyone had experience with the RC or RD? Thanks, John.
Sacriledge, but what about a Minox 35GT or similar model its great, do I
have to say M*n**, not sure how it compares with RC/RD.
Minox has sharp f2.8 35mm lens, aperture priority shutless, set distance
and aperture. Can hold at slow shutter speed. Backlit compensation button,
otherwise no bells and whistles, not needed. Is smallest 35mm truly
pocketable metal camera I've seen. Good build quality (not made by rover).
Film changing is a bit of a pain though. Am I allowed to say this on the
Oly list.

Anyway quality (in the sense of well made)  is not a function of price,
Corollas are better made than Jags. Your US academics wrote many good books
on quality (Crosby etc) with many excellent ideas which the Japanese took
up. However they can't handle their finances....