[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #528

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #528
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 11:26:58
>Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:22:00 +0200
>From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Cost of goods, no OM content
>
>Richard Dale wrote:
>>
>> I wouldn't trust the Brits in putting together anything with (too many)
>> moving parts.
>
>Spice Girls?  ;-)

They'll break up soon enough ;-)

>Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:43:33 -0700
>From: John Gaasland <kayak@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Olympus RC and RD?
>
>I'm looking for a small camera better than most "point and shoots". Has
>anyone had experience with the RC or RD? Thanks, John.

As small cameras go, you can't beat an XA IMHO.

>Is this a political forum or a list for people who use OM gear?
>
>Charlie Loeven,
>Largo Florida

Hear hear!  I've so far refained from adding my two pennorth about the
quality or otherwise of British manufactured goods.  There's good and bad,
just like anywhere else.

>Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:30:21 -0500 (CDT)
>From: "Jim Terazawa" <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] quality of instruction manuals (Non-OM contents)
>
>Let me throw in my 2 cents.
>
>Generating any manual is no easy job, especially translating into other
>languages is compounded amount of task, effort and financial burden.

Indeed, and what defines a "good" manual?  For every complaint I've had
about the quality of ours, I've had a compliment on how good they are....
It's extremely difficult to know how or where to pitch an instruction
manual, since the people reading it can have hugely different levels of
experience and/or ability. A competent and knowledgable user will complain
that it's too detailed, and a newcomer that it's not detailed enough :-)

Lastly, as a newcomer to this list (and I must offer my appreciation of the
vast amount of knowledge and experience of its participants), pardon my
ignorance but what and where is "Ebay"?

Thanks, and best wishes
Richard

Richard Ross, BSc, PhD, LRPS
Hemel Hempstead,
England

RH Designs - Innovative Electronics for the Darkroom
 *  http://www.nildram.co.uk/rhdesign  *
 *  mailto:rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  *