RE: [OM] Leaf shutter lens and fill flash

Subject: RE: [OM] Leaf shutter lens and fill flash
From: "Roger Davies" <rdavies@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 11:44:15 +0100
Because of its position relative to the lens elements the leaf shutter acts
rather like a rapidly opening and closing diaphragm. So, even when the
shutter is not fully open the film-plane is evenly illuminated. In fact,
some cameras exploit this feature by combining the shutter and diaphragm
into a single unit.