Re: [OM] Winder for OM1

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder for OM1
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 21:23:42 +1000
Thanks for the info, Wayne, I'll assume my OM1 does take the winder, and
keep looking for one.

As to the question of whether MD and non-MD bodies were produced
concurrently - I doubt it.  I think I read somewhere (possibly the Pangerl
book) that Oly would convert non-MD to MD upon request (and possibly
payment) in the early or mid-70s, once the switch was made.  I find it
interesting that that non-badged MD OM1s were being sold as late as '76, and
you got yours badged in '74.  Ah well.

Cheers

Andy