Re: [OM] Leaf shutter lens and fill flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Leaf shutter lens and fill flash
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 08:26:06 -0700
Cc: swright@xxxxxxxxx, swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Actually, the leaf shutter is "fully open" only a very small portion of
the time.  What it is , and what's most important, is that it is open to
the full frame equally during the whole sequence from 1% to 100% to 0%.
The difficulty with focal plane shutters is that the actual exposure
opening to the film "walks" across (or up or down) the film.  In the
case of most  of our Olympus cameras the frame is only fully open at
shutter speeds of 1/60 and slower. AFAIK