Re: [OM] Winder for OM1

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder for OM1
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 09:57:41 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998 10:22, "lion1" <c1000s@xxxxxxx> wrote:
><<    Well, I have a stranger one than that. I have an OM1 I bought from a
>friend who bought the camera new. It is has no holes for compling to a
>drive/winder, has no MD plate, but has OM1n on the top plate. I wasn't aware
>there were OM1n bodies made that were not MD. Strange.>>

>Does it have the "n" features?  Maybe the top plate was replaced.

>Charlie Loeven

Since the top plate is from an OM-1n, then obviously it will take a
Shoe-4, but the question is does the flash ready LED work inside
the camera.  You can also look at whether there are contacts for the
Recordata back.  If all those things are present, then the camera is
really an OM-1n.  Otherwise it could be an OM-1 with the top plate
replaced.

If it is really an OM-1n, then the possibility is that the bottom
plate may be replaced by one from an early OM-1 (i.e., without the
openings for the drive/winder).