[OM] mc or not?

Subject: [OM] mc or not?
From: Wijsmuller.VanderBel@xxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 23:00:52 +0200
About this MC thing:

When I made a list of my Zuiko's so far (for insurance purposes),
there seems to be these six categories (which are probably not
complete or faulty because of my lack of Zuiko's ;-( ).

aperture and focus distance like '1:3.5 f=135mm'
        silver rings
1               element character (like E.Zuiko)
2               no element character
        no silver rings
3               element character
4               no element character
5               no element character, 'mc' mentioned
aperture and focus distance like '35mm 1:2'
        no silver rings
                no element character
6                       no 'mc' mentioned

It would be interesting to 'couple' these categories to multicoating
(or not). I think the categories 5 and 6 are *always* mc, and maybe
categorie 1 is *never* mc. But I do not really know. Maybe it is
possible for Gary S. or Frank van L. to give the definitive answer?

(I posted this because I don't recall the difference between
categories 1-5 and 6 being discussed on this list).

Please comment.

Greetings,

Frank Wijsmuller.