Re:[OM] Oly 35RC

Subject: Re:[OM] Oly 35RC
From: "Vince Arnold" <vea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:53:36 -0700
I have recently (last week) picked up an Oly 35RC.  It is a very nice little
camera.  The body has that solid, well built feel, the lens less so.   have not
finished testing with slides, but the first roll of neg seemed well exposed.
The pictures did have the "zuiko look" which certain OM lenses give. (hard to
describe, a 3d clarity of sorts).

Marco , who also responded, mentioned that "I own an RC, but it does not seem
to work in auto mode "    The RC I have had the opposite problem. It stayed in
program mode regardless of where you set the mode dial. I thought it was worth
alook before sending it back, so I boldly opened it up. I found that to the
right front of the lens (looking into the front of it) under the leatherette is
a brass plate. By removing one screw you will expose the switch that controls
the mode selector. It should make contact only in auto mode, and open up for
all the rest. I had to bend the non-moving part out slightly (0.2mm) to get it
functioning again. You may find that yours has the opposite problem. Gool luck
with it.

regards, Vince