Re: [OM] Re: warm beer, and bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: warm beer, and bikes
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 14:36:37 -0500
>>Japanese bikes may have speed, but they're basically disposable
>>   bikes, ie low milage

There is a saying in this country:  "I repair my Harley and ride my Honda."

>With cameras, cars and bikes, their only rivals in engineering and this
kind
>of manufacturing are the Germans, IMHO.  And I'm not complaining - I've got
>some great Japanese cameras, a solid German car, and great British hi-fi.

However, there are niche vertical markets where British engineering has been
supurb--for example, pro audio.

To bring this full circle to cameras:  While Olympus was engineering the
OM's, Kodak was developing the Instamatic 110.     eeeeewwww

Ken N.

ps.  My idea of biking is screaming down a narrow single-track on my tricked
out Cannondale mountain bike (made in USA) with this glazed look in my eyes,
spiderwebs across my jersey, and bugs in my lungs.