[OM] E100S

Subject: [OM] E100S
From: Joseph Albert <jalbert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 19:20:09 -0600 (MDT)
Denton writes:

========================
Joseph, I'd be interested in hearing what you think about E100S. I've been
using it exclusively over the last couple of years (made in America and
all) but am beginning to get annoyed at its much higher cost compared to
similar Fuji emulsions...
========================

Well, I haven't used it, so maybe you can share your experiences?

Also, E100S is only higher at places like B&H where the cheaper films
are imported by them.  I prefer to buy Velvia and Provia that are
either made or imported to the US by Fuji (I don't know which but
they are sold in the US by Fuji to the dealers) as I trust the
handling better.  i'm not syaing there is a problem with film
imported by B&H, but I don't want to find out on a roll with
an irreplaceable image.  I generally purchase film from a local
camera shop that gives enough of a break on purchasing 10 or 20 rolls
at a time, that the premium isn't that much and I don't pay either
sales tax or shipping on it.  E100S is actually slightly cheaper than
Provia and Velvia bought this way, but only by a few pennies.
And now that Sensia was replaced with Sensia II (the II being
amateur version of Astia), I might just start using Elite II 100
or Elite II 50 to get a cheaper, amateur emlusion.

Kodak claims that Elite II 50 is a version of Elite II 100 that
is optimized for sharpness.  Has anyone compared and seen a difference?
the fact that there is no ISO 50 version of the pro emulsion is
suspicious to me.

Joseph