[OM] Re: warm beer, and bikes

Subject: [OM] Re: warm beer, and bikes
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 12:59:41 +0000
Joel wrote:

>"Jap" is quite offensive in some parts of
>the world.  I believe you intended it with both affection and respect.

Please excuse my ignorance on this matter.  I certainly did, the same way as
I'd say "Brit" bikes or "Aussie" beer.  Can anyone enlighten me as to why
this is the case?

I was referring to the exemplary build quality of *current* Japanese
motorcycles (and, er, originally comparing them to their cameras).  Older
models may have been less impressive, but I am not so well versed in such
things.  If I could afford it, I would definitely have a classic to decorate
the kitchen floor and for occasional forays in good weather :-)

Also, there's nothing wrong with nostaglia, whether it's bikes, OM stuff or
whatever.  Whatever their reasons, if people like OM cameras and contribute
to this list, that's fine by me.

I have a few b&w photos of the classic parade at this year's TT (taken with
my OM1n and zuiko 65-200mm, naturally).  I have some race photos of Japanese
rockets too, for fellow speed freaks.  If anyone is interested, please
contact me offline for more info.

Simon E.