Re: [OM] Re: warm beer, and bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: warm beer, and bikes
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 14:22:34 -0700
Volkhart;

Although I am an 'old boy', I do ride a bike - a Japanese bike.  It's a Honda
PC800.  (No, PC does NOT stand for Politically Correct, it stands for Pacific
Coast.)  It has a nice 800 cc V-twin motor.  It's also known by some as having a
'body by Tupperware', because the whole thing is basically covered in plastic
body panels, like a big motor scooter.

The great thing about it for me is that it has a trunk.  Not just bags, but the
rear end lifts up to reveal a two-sided trunk with more than enuf room for two
briefcases ... or 2 camera bags.  So, that's how I've solved the problem of a
camera with me while riding.  Right now, I carry my IS-3 with G-40 flash and a
small Cullman tripod.  Although I could easily carry an OM and a few lenses,
that kit is in my car.

I doubt vibrations are much of a problem.  Of course, a little extra cushioning
around the camera bag with a sweater won't hurt.

george