Re: [OM] Silver lens Rim

Subject: Re: [OM] Silver lens Rim
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 20:34:54 EDT
Hi Rand E:

> One may really have cause for wonder.  At a camera show here today in
>  Baltimore I purchased two lens hoods.  These hoods were both Olympus
>  rubber clamp-on hoods labeled for the 35-70mm lens and have the same
>  clamp diameter.  What gave me pause was that the first was the "normal"
>  conical design and about 1" tall.  The other is a straight cylinder and
>  about 1 7/8" tall.  It's as if they made one hood for the 35mm end of
>  the range and another for the 70mm end.
>  Gary! wake up! This sounds like one for you.

Which Gary?  If not me, I'll bite anyways.  The longer one is for the 35-70mm
f/3.6  List it for sale here and you are SURE to get a buyer since I have that
one my "watch for" list.  The shorter is for the 35-70mm f/4.0  The longer one
makes sense when you see how the f/3.6 barrel moves in relation to the focal
length selected.  A real nifty design!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV