[OM] Instruction Manual induced depression.

Subject: [OM] Instruction Manual induced depression.
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 22:39:07 -0500
I recently requested some manuals for my OM-4T (champagne)
and recently acquired (at the flea market for $25 :-) ) OM-2S.  I
really needed the literature for the OM-2S but while I was on the
phone I asked if they had any "English only" versions of the OM-4T(i)
manual.  All my other Oly manuals were English only so I wanted to
get one for the OM-4T.  Manuals are just easier to read if only written
in one language, IMHO.

Well, they did.  It was for an OM-4T BLACK, however.  It was interesting
to compare it with my 2 manuals that came with my champagne OM-4T.
In particular, it combines the "Instructions" and "For your creative
Photography"
manuals that are in English, German, French and Spanish into one English
only "Instructions" manual.  I found them to be identical except for showing a
Black OM-4T instead of a champagne until you got the the portion that
illustrated the system components --Macro Group, Photo Drive Group,
Flash Group, Etc....

The manaul for the OM-4T BLACK, which was printed 7-95 had noticabley
fewer items than my original manual which was printed 12-92.  In less
than 3 years so many items were dropped -- at least that is the implication
from the pictures.  Notably, The T-32 was not listed, although the T-20,
F280 and the various macro flashes were listed.  And, of course the
OM-4T(i) in champagne was not there.  It was just kind of a surprise
to me as I was comparing the manuals page by page.  It made me kind
of sad...

Mark Hammons