Re: [OM] OM-PC vs OM-2S......comments

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC vs OM-2S......comments
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 17:43:53 +1000
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx

>OM-PC advantages - lighter, ESP metering, DX film coding
>OM-PC disadvantages - probably not as well built, DX film coding

The DX coding is easily overrideable, AFAIK.  The ESP metering (an early 2
zone matrix like the current Pentax MX-M [not sure of US designation]) works
well

>OM-2S advantages - better build quality, spot metering in manual,
>interchangeable screens and backs
>OM-2S disadvantages - battery life (I dont know if this applies to the
OM-PC
>as well)

The PC/40 does have fairly significant battery drain, but I think I remember
reading in a photo mag that Oly admitted the 2S/sp had higher drain than any
other model (unless *that* in the 4 circuit goes highwire and drains 'em in
hours :) )

Actually that last point in parentheses might be relevant - _some_ 2S models
suffered from that problem, I think (*please* correct me if I am
groundlessly slandering what I'm sure is a great camera)

>Paul Schings
>Coventry RI

Cheers

Andy