[OM] VOTE (& Monty Python) for CALM

Subject: [OM] VOTE (& Monty Python) for CALM
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 09:15:25 +0100
I agree with the Lion of Largo (to take a slight liberty with names which I
hope does not give offence - especially in the current climate :-()

The OT discussions bother me little, but when the Devil decides to induce
people to see malice where there may not be the intent, we need to stand
back, regroup, take stock, reconsider our positions, meditate on the
meaning of life, lists and names...etc...

>OK Lets have a vote!
>
>I vote we bring this back to OM or at least Olympus related topics.
>(even just photo topics would do).  PLEEEEASE!!!
>
>Charlie Loeven

And now for your delectation and relaxation:

"The Universe itself keeps on expanding
In all of the directions it can whizz
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light you know,
12 million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure
How amazingly likely is your birth
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
Because there's bugger all down here on Earth."

Monty Python, "The Galaxy Song", verse 3.

ps. Don't hold me to the numbers or the maths.

cb