Re: [OM] OM2 Switch needed

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2 Switch needed
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 21:00:26 +0200
Brian wrote:

> Help!
>
> My dearly beloved '79 vintage OM2 has a frequent shutter "lock up"
> caused by a worn switch.
>
> My local repairers here in the UK cannot get hold of the required spare
> part but will fit it for me if I can track one down. Olympus UK dont
> have them anymore.
>
> The part no. is ZC 138300
>
> Anyone out there knows how I can get hold of one of these?
>
> In hope
> --
> Brian Shipman

Hello Brian,

I think it may be worth a try to contact Olympus in Denmark,
http://www.olympus.dk/ . The phone listed for consumer photo
products is +45 43421122, fax +45 43421111. I don't have the
number for the service department, sorry.
According to my local dealer, who I consider to be a reliable
source, they have a good stock of spare parts, though some
parts may be used. It sounds reasonable, as the OM2(n) used
to be very popular here.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"