[OM] Oly Strategy (was Mad R...)

Subject: [OM] Oly Strategy (was Mad R...)
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 21:23:52 +0100
><<OM content:  does anyone else receive the Olympus Pursuit magazine, a
>quarterly  produced by Olympus (strange to relate)?  I receive it with my
>Olympus Camera Club magazine.  There are some good photos in it, but the
>company's marketing strategy might be a little clearer to members of the
>List if they managed to read it and see the content of some of the "News".>>
>
>Chris,
>Could you share some of the insights into the Olympus Marketing strategy?
>This seems to be one of the most confusing subjects on this list.
>And probably one of the most important, if we are to make decisions about
>buying things OLY.
>
>Charlie Loeven
>lion1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm off to the UK tomorrow at Oh Dark Thirty and it is getting late, so
I'll do a quick summary (with a Barker-bias of course) when I return to my
Mac on Thursday.  For the moment, though, my main impression is one of
making an impact with quick sales of P&S and looking at the wonderful
quality of digital cameras - surprised?  I'm sorry to say that I have not
read anything of OM systems in Olympus Pursuit for over a year- except when
wonderful Japanese photographer died (in Alaska?) and the mag mentioned
that he had used OM a great deal.

Chris