Re: [OM] cropping in the darkroom 9x12

Subject: Re: [OM] cropping in the darkroom 9x12
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:36:32 -0700
I too searched Kodak's and Ilford's sites.  No 9x12 :-(.  To the best of my
knowledge the printing paper sizes are 5x7, 8x10, 8 1/2x11, 11x14, 16x20 and
20x24 (all in inches) for either B&W or color materials.  These are standard
sizes for home darkrooms at least.  I've been looking for an 8x12 sheet size
to no avail.  I once asked a local lab, when I lived in a real city <g>,
where they got theirs.  I was told from an 8 inch wide roll 400 feet long;
they cut it in 12 inch pieces.  So "odd" sizes tend to be wasteful for the
home printer.  The larger sizes are just so expensive to buy and process.
Mistakes are way too expensive.  Now, I just stick to 8x10 and trim to final
size as needed with a straight edge and a razor with the very occasional
16x20 for something the really excites me.

John P
______________________________________
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".

Shawn Wright <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4 Oct 98, at 11:48, Shelley Stallings wrote:

> Shawn wrote:  "I may try to find 9x12 paper to allow me to use common
> 8x12 frames, but I don't know if this size is available."
>
> I don't have a catalog in front of me now, but I know Ilford use to sell
> paper of approximately that dimension."  I get mine from Freestyle mail
> order from L.A.  You might try them.

Thanks. I couldn't find any info on Ilford's website about sizes, so I will
check
with my dealer tomorrow.