[OM] Bounce grip 2 meltdown

Subject: [OM] Bounce grip 2 meltdown
From: gknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Gareth Knight)
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 00:59:36 GMT
People,

I was using my bounce grip 2 and T32 tonight in the bar, when, after
one particular shot, there was an audible crack followed by a nasty
smell and the bounce grip getting warm in my hand.  I am studying
electronics at university, and I know only too well that smells and
components getting warm are really bad news.  The bounce grip is out
of guarantee, and so I am trying to dissect it and hopefully replace
whatever has blown.  Fortunately, the NICADS seem unharmed, and the
flash still works under its own power.

Does anyone have schematics for the power bounce circuit, or better
still, experience of fixing this problem.  I am loathe to send it off
for repair locally, because the last time I tried that with a T32,
they took 6 weeks to decide that they could not obtain the necessary
parts.

Many thanks

Gareth.