Re: [OM] focus screen for all macro

Subject: Re: [OM] focus screen for all macro
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 00:17:39 EDT
Hi Richard,
I did not see anyone answer you, but with all the B.S. on this list the last
few days I could have missed it.  Anyway here is what I use.
1) I think the 1-12 is best with the 20mm macro.  It is very bright, a + with
this lens.  I use the cross hairs for focusing and usually above 6X mag.  The
cross hair focus is very slow and you really need a varimagni finder to use
it.  You can use the cross hair in the 1-11, but the screen is much darker
than the 1-12.
2) I keep a 1-11 on a 4T body just for use with the 80mm & 38mm lenses. I
sometimes use it with the 20mm, but I prefer the 1-12.  It can also be used
with the 135mm or others at .5X mag and above, but I usually use a 1-4n or
1-10 grid for below this mag. which I keep in a second 4T body.  You will find
that neither the 1-11 nor 1-12 will work with standard lenses at normat
ranges.
I agree with you that it is not particle to swap screens.  It is much better
to have a dedicated body.
Good luck,
BW

 Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< I have yet to change the focusing screen on my OM2N intended for macro, (am
 still using the  OM4Ti which has a 2-13 just usable).

  I have acquired the 1-11 and 1-12, which is best in practice, I don't
 really like changing the screens being cackhanded, have already scratched a
 2-13. Will one be adequate for the entire magnification range or will I
 need to swop round (as Oly recommends).
 Thanks >>