[OM] OTF exposure metering versus ...?

Subject: [OM] OTF exposure metering versus ...?
From: Charles Lakos <Charles.Lakos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 15:45:40 +1100
This is probably a simple question and may have been answered elsewhere
(in which case a reference will suffice).  The context of the question
is that I now have an OM-2N and an IS1000 camera, and I am wondering how
their exposure systems compare.

The OM-2N has the strong selling point of Off-The-Film metering (which
has worked well for me over the years).  The IS1000 has 3 exposure modes
as far as I know - ESP (which I gather is some programmed weighting or
fuzzy logic assessment of the entire frame), a centre-weighted average,
and a spot metering.

So, the question is how does OTF exposure compare with the others?  I
understand that OTF gets over the problem of stray light and will adjust
in changing light conditions.  But I can't see that this will be a
common occurrence.  Any comments?

--
Charles Lakos.                               Charles.Lakos@xxxxxxxxxxx
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science,   charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx