Re: [OM] Books on lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Books on lenses
From: MorrisMini@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 17:32:24 EDT
In hopes of learning a bit more about lenses, I have come across a few book
listings and would like some feedback about them.  I'm looking for something
that starts out with elementary info and builds progressively rather than
launching into heavy calculus on page three!  These were gleaned from the
Silver Pixel Press catalog.  Feel free to jump in with other titles:

"The Lens Book: Choosing and Using Lenses for Your SLR" by Hicks and Schultz

"The Photographic Lens" 2nd edition by Sidney F. Ray

"Photographic Lenses and Optics" Focal Photographic Pocket Series ed. by
Sidney Ray

-Tim Clark