Re: [OM] price increase

Subject: Re: [OM] price increase
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 11:42:37 -0800
On  6 Oct 98 at 10:46, Pauls0627@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 10/6/98 10:30:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> williams@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << What is the point of making one of the world's great cameras -- which is
>  the flagship of _all_ your photographic products -- when it and its
>  lenses are so expensive that hardly anyone can afford them? >>
>
> I agree. But it hasn't seemed to hurt Leica/Leitz any.

Yes, but Leitz doesn't make any sub $100 P&S models. The high price of Leitz
flagship products goes hand in hand with the *lack* of any products which could
be viewed as "low end". This is where Olympus will not pull it off - any high
esteem which is placed on the OM line is by a select few, and is overshadowed
by the masses who see Oly P&S cameras competing with the mainstream, with only
a select few models distinguishing themselves...

IMHO... ;-)