[OM] Any advice for a novice?

Subject: [OM] Any advice for a novice?
From: Laurel Pencer <lpencer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 10:01:31 -0700
My 8th grade daughter has plans to become a professional photographer.  She is
interested in attending CSSSA and Brooks.

She seems very serious, but kids do change their mind.

I purchased her an OM-4 with a 50mm olympus lens (with one "e") and a Zuiko
zoom (to 180 ).  Was this the right SLR for her?  I hate to ask, but would a
Nikon F2 have been better?  Would a more current OM be worth the money at this
stage?