[OM] Olympus Pursuit magazine

Subject: [OM] Olympus Pursuit magazine
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:33:43 +0100
>I have never heard of these. How does one obtain them?
>
>...and this as a loyal Olympian since the early '70's!
>
>les clark

>From "your" Olympus HQ.

The magazine is quite a thin one and I would not recommend anyone's making
great efforts to find a regular supply.  The subtext is "The quarterly
forum for Olympus people worldwide".  It looks like an in-house product to
provide information to employees/marketers directly involved with Olympus
or its operations.

The front cover of the latest edition (Vol 17 No 3 1998) shows the results
of a "Through the Eyes of a Child" project, one in which professional
photographers showed schoolchildren in New York (at an elementary school -
10 year-olds) how to use cameras and to find pictures.  The results are
also on http://www.eyesofachild.com , but the magazine does not say what
the cameras were.  The project, sponsored by Olympus will continue the
article says.

Another article talks around microscopy;  another about a photography
competition in the UK sponsored partly by Olympus, Eyewitness books and the
RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals).  Yet
another article discusses Olympus' advances in endoscopic sphincterotomy
usin the "CleverCut" (tm) sphincterotome; I did not read that article
because I thought that I might get squeamish!

There is always a WWF article because of the number of photographers with
OMs who do projects for the WWF in support of animals and nature.  Most of
the mag is digital or scientific.

Enough?

Chris