Re: [OM] Is it that bad - yep indeedy!

Subject: Re: [OM] Is it that bad - yep indeedy!
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 11:59:25 EDT
George writes:

> So til then
>  it's 700/5.6 (1000/8 with 1.4x !!!) and a sherpa or a mule to carry it!

The previous owner of that 350mm Zuiko George speaks of chuckled when I told
him I felt like a Sherpa hauling it.  He told me you have to GET IT OUT OF THE
CASE and put a kick apart monopod on it and wear it like a gun on a sling.
Too bad I didn't think of that, since I have an old Gitzo monopod with a
bicycle hub locking mechanism that allows it to fold in half while extended
and re-extend with a kick.  But the idea of wearing such glass on the shoulder
is scary.  I've tripped and slid down slopes enough times to rule that out
when I have expensive equipment in tow.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV