Re: [OM] New price for Zuiko lens in Japan.

Subject: Re: [OM] New price for Zuiko lens in Japan.
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 18:05:26 -0400
>>Advertising would certainly let the world know about OM items for sale. I'm
just not sure that the majority of the world is ready for an almost $1400
US, 35-80mm zoom. I know I'm not. But I can't afford the Canon L series
glass either. Maybe the rest of the world has deeper pockets than I do.

I guess they do, or at least did, until the recent stock market
shenanigans... how else can anyone afford the

oly @ $1400
canonL @ $1150
Leica @ $1200
Zeiss @ $1200

Makes the Nikon @ $600 a genuine bargain!

On the subject of advertising, Oly has run 2 2-page feel-good corporate ads
featuring information about various illnesses, with photos of microscopes,
in the last 3 weeks in the New York Times. With the economic turmoil in
Japan, makes me wonder if something big is about to happen...

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com