[OM] One touch zooms (was...Re: [OM] Zuiko 85-250/f5...)

Subject: [OM] One touch zooms (was...Re: [OM] Zuiko 85-250/f5...)
From: Mark <om4ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 00:08:38 -0400
Cc: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
BW,
   Focus does not change much unless you turn your hand while zooming.
Your method works just fine for a stationary object. And maybe even for
a slow moving object. But I do not believe that it works well for a fast
moving object. Say a horse running on a track while you are doing photos
from the infield. Perhaps a plane doing acrobatics over the runway you
are standing on. How about your own little league base ball star running
the bases or going for that fly ball while you shoot photos from down
the first base line.

   One touch allows the zooming and focus to be going on at the same
time and without shifting your grip. This is great when the objects
distance is changing from your perspective. You can focus and frame on
the fly. Of course don't forget your winder or motor drive so you can
grab a few frames.

                                Mark