Re: [OM] One touch zooms (was...Re: [OM] Zuiko 85-250/f5...)

Subject: Re: [OM] One touch zooms (was...Re: [OM] Zuiko 85-250/f5...)
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 01:13:33 EDT
Hi Mark,
Nice tips.  I see your points.  I did pick up a Tokina 35-105 Zoom a couple
weeks ago, but haven't shot it yet.  You know, the TWIN look-alike to the
Zuiko 35-105 that Oly made for them.  Well, something like that.  So, I'll
keep it in mind for those fast moving critters.
Thanks,
BW

om4ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< BW,
    Focus does not change much unless you turn your hand while zooming.
 Your method works just fine for a stationary object. And maybe even for
 a slow moving object. But I do not believe that it works well for a fast
 moving object. Say a horse running on a track while you are doing photos
 from the infield. Perhaps a plane doing acrobatics over the runway you
 are standing on. How about your own little league base ball star running
 the bases or going for that fly ball while you shoot photos from down
 the first base line.

    One touch allows the zooming and focus to be going on at the same
 time and without shifting your grip. This is great when the objects
 distance is changing from your perspective. You can focus and frame on
 the fly. Of course don't forget your winder or motor drive so you can
 grab a few frames.
                                Mark >>