[OM] Stiff OM1 shutter-speed ring

Subject: [OM] Stiff OM1 shutter-speed ring
From: Alasdair Hayden-Wright <alasdair.haydenwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 16:41:03 +0100
The shutter-speed ring on my OM1 is very stiff to turn.
I conjectured that grit or fluff might have jammed itself between the ring and
the body.
As an experiment, I loosened the 3 screws on the lens-mount flange (but I
didn't remove
it completely, in case everything inside fell out). This made the shutter-speed
ring turn
easier, but it still wasn't as good as my other OM1.
My questions are:
1: Might my diagnosis be correct, and all it needs is a clean out behind the
flange?
2: How do I get in there safely?
Thanks in advance,
Alasdair Hayden-Wright.