Re: [OM] Coming aboard

Subject: Re: [OM] Coming aboard
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 09:00:36 +0100
Jason

I'm sure that you will be able to find the faster lenses - 21/2 and 50/2
macro.  Several members of this list  "collect" lenses for passing on (at a
reasonable price I understand) to other members of the list.  I expect that
your answers are on their way already ;-)

I had not realised how my OM4 was easier to use (VF view) until you pointed
out the difference!

Chris

>Hi.
>sharp, affordable, reasonably fast super-wide is a tall order in the used
>OM market, I'm finding out. My 20/2.8 Nikkor was my most useful lens. Now,
>to replace it, I'm seeking a used OM 21/3.5, and the half-stop loss will be
>a regretable concession. And my 50/2.8 Micro-Nikkor, amazing for its
>contrast and sharpness, will be replaced by the slower OM 50.3.5 macro.

>among Nikkors. I'm excited about learning as much about the OM system as I
>have about Nikon. The Hove book, The Nikon Compendium, has served me well.
>I'm sad that there are no such system overview books still in print about
>the OM system (or none that I've seen, anyway).

>Jason in Minneapolis

[Loads of snips]