[OM] Eight more new additions to the Web Gallery

Subject: [OM] Eight more new additions to the Web Gallery
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 15:25:44 -0600
Hokay!

A further eight new submitters have had all their submissions added to the
Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery:

Dr. Chris Barrett, Malvern, United Kingdom
   - a variety of macro subjects, insect life native to the United Kingdom.

Wayne Harridge, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
   - a variety of photos not easily classified in a sentence.  Definitely worth
the time to browse them.

Shayne McGuire, Sierra Madre, California, USA
   - Infrared photos and shots taken with a Zuiko 8mm circular fisheye, with
striking framing.

Steve Pollock, California, USA
   - A profusion of beauty from the last place you'd expect it -- Death Valley,
California, USA.

Paul Schings, Coventry, Rhode Island, USA
   - A variety of photos, including one taken by his 2-1/2-year-old daughter,
putting the lie to the claim that the OM System is too hard to use.  Also some
neat astrophotography.

Charlie Scott, Hunstville, Alabama, USA
   - a digital photo using the new Olympus D-600L digital camera.  Excellent!

Wiliam Wagenaar, Middelburg, Netherlands
   - Wiliam's submissions are excellent examples of wide-ranging use for the OM
System, and includes an impressive available-light portrait as well as macro
offerings.

Shawn Wright, Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia, Canada
   - Shawn, the operator/administrator of this list, has given us several
colour and black-and-white pics from his own daily life as well as British
Columbia's awesome scenery.

As I mentioned in a previous post, others submitters have sent in additional
submissions.  I *am* getting to you, I promise, but I wanted to get the new
kids on the block up there first.  I'll probably be able to do most of the
existing submitters' new submissions tomorrow.

An interesting note: we're now up to 41 separate submitters, with more photos
than I can shake a stick at.  This is really going somewhere!

Type atcha later folks.  I'm going to eat turkey now until I can't hardly move!
 (It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend...)

Garth

P.S.: Would those of you with screaming fast connections please try accessing
the entire Gallery, and let me know of any problems?  I've done my best to make
sure there are no broken links, but until next Wednesday I'm hobbled by my
painfully slow 14.4Kbps modem.  Thanks!