Re: [OM] For the serious Olympus accumulator

Subject: Re: [OM] For the serious Olympus accumulator
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 15:50:08 -0600
At 02:40 PM 10/11/98 -0500, Paul Farrar wrote:
>A while back we had a thread on storage. One solution I didn't mention at the
>time was the cabinets made for scientific collections. These meet the needs of
>the serious camera accumulator quite well. On major source is Lane Scientific.

[snip]

Yeah, I've thought about those.  They're just REALLY, REALLY expensive,
although they'd fit the bill perfectly.

>Potential disadvantages:
>Size.
>Not exacly great looking as furniture.
>Putting all the gear in one place reminds spousal units how much of it there
>is.

Number 3 is the one I fear.  My wife gets pursed lips just looking at the
equipment I've got in a metal storage case usually used for tools.  I've just
*got* to get her addicted to Oly gear...  ;-)

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/