[OM] For sale on eBay

Subject: [OM] For sale on eBay
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 15:59:59 -0600
Hi, all.

In cruising eBay, I found a Zuiko 50mm F/1.4 lens, advertised as "new in the
box" for auction at:

   http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=35050007

Just a heads-up, though I don't know how meaningful this is: the lens is
pictured with a silver filter rim and a serial number in the low 200,000 range.
 If this is a photo of the actual lens and this puppy's new in the box (and I
have no reason to doubt it), then it's probably of relatively old manufacturing
vintage and has been in someone's stockroom for a *long* time.  My 50mm F/1.4
has a serial number in the low 1,100,000 range, and a black filter rim, and I
bought it new in 1986.

For what it's worth.

Garth