Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #551

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #551
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 06:06:03 EDT
In a message dated 10/12/98 5:24:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time, sean@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< What happens when infinity isn't infinity?? i.e. I've got the focus
 barrel at infinity but the split microprism isn't "joining up"?? It's
 happened on two of my lenses on my OM-4Ti. Just a little concerned that
 subjects may not be in focussed when I expect them to be.

If it's happening on more than one lens I would suspect a misaligned mirror in
the camera. Try some open-aperture shots, tripod mounted, fairly close up, to
minimize depth of field. Focus carefully. If there's a problem with the
camera, the slides/negs won't be tack sharp, as they should be.

Keep in mind that some lenses, especially long ones, there is a built-in
capability to focus *past* infinity to compensate for variations due to
temperature changes.

I hope this helps.

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI