Re: [OM] 50-250 F5

Subject: Re: [OM] 50-250 F5
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 06:39:29 EDT
In a message dated 10/12/98 1:03:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jdesbiens@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I love these fine zooms, (one touch on a well made lens works
 with NO creeping), and would like any and all comments on the 50-250
 from my fellow Zuic' freak >>

The 50-250 is an outstanding lens, and from what I can tell, is sharper than
my 65-200 at 200mm.   It is heavier, though, and you have to be very careful
when tripod mounting the camera/lens combination because of the vibration-
inducing unsupported length, especially when racked out to longer focal
lengths.    Mirror pre-fire is almost a necessity.   Also, if it is important
to you, the zoom ring does "creep" a little when you point it straight up.

Hope this helps,

Greg Logiodice
Nyack, NY