[OM] Circ. polarisers

Subject: [OM] Circ. polarisers
From: "Dr. Chris Barrett" <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:49:46 +0100
Steve Schaffner commented on my comment: "The circular polariser selects one
'handedness' type of photon rather than the other."

You're right Steve, it struck me over the weekend that this was the right
explanation, otherwise the polariser would not be any use!

However what I was really winging about was the explanation that the quarter
wave plate "scrambled" the polarsation, which is definately not correct.

Chris