Re: [OM] Challenge

Subject: Re: [OM] Challenge
From: "lion1" <c1000s@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:53:33 -0500
<<I don´t see an need for an Olympus AF body, and for those who like to
have an all automatic, winder driven, AF, economic camera body think, if
you don´t own the wrong camera system, maybe an Canon Elan will do it
too.>>

You do mean an "OM" AF body don't you?
It seems to me that all this talk about autofocus OM6's etc. is misspent
pondering.
If the new beast is not very like an OM 1-2-3 or 4 it would not be an OM
would it?
Remember why it is called an OM.
Specific design by a specific designer.
An auto focus, motor driven plastic blob of electronics will not merit the
badge OM.
The OM 2000 is as far as I care to see them go.  If this is all we get as a
new OM
then they should stop there.  I will be happy to keep searching for bodies,
lenses etc.
when needed.
Maybe this is the end of the era.  It happens!  (IMHO) :-)

Charlie Loeven