Re: [OM] Used Olympus dealer

Subject: Re: [OM] Used Olympus dealer
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:12:16 -0800
Tom Curlee wrote:

>I ran across a dealer here in Southern California that carries a
>number of unusual Oly items.  Silvio's, in Torrance, CA, has in stock:
>An 8mm/2.8, 2 - 300/4.5, 2 or 3 85-250mm, 1 - 1000mm, 2 - 250 exposure
>backs, 1- 18mm, 180/2.8, bellows, along with lots of other lenses,
>bodies, and accessories.  Many of these items have boxes and/or cases.
>Prices seem high ($499 for a 300/4.5 silver ring) but some things,
>like the 8mm, are hard to find anywhere.
>Gary Schloss may know more about this outfit.

Well, I have no other details on this particular outfit, but know of
this particular outlet, namely, Silvio's. :-)  Silvio's is a large
camera store dealing in both new and used photo gear, including many
pro-level items (MF, LF, lab equipment, etc.)  They always have multi-
page ads in the Sh*tterb*g.

A well-financed outlet, they can afford to buy estates, large collections,
smaller stores that go out of business, etc.  Their present-time large
inventory probably represents such a recent buyout(s).  They know what
they're doing, and seem to have respect for OM gear, so don't expect
bargains.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA