Re: [OM] Winder 1 too Winder 2 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 1 too Winder 2 ?
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:23:16 -0700
>From: Konrad Pizzuto <pizzuto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>...  As I understood the
>modification, its a case of shorting two points on the circuit.  This
>gives sequence mode instead of single mode...

Unfortunately, this does not work on all Winder 1 drives. I tried it with
mine, and the circuit board looks nothing like the one in the photo in the
mod instructions.

My guess is that at some point when they were contemporaneous, Winder 1s
were built with Winder 2 circuit boards, but without the sequence mode
enabled. Older Winder 1s simply don't have the sequence capability, or they
would have enabled it as a feature.

Keep this in mind if shopping flea markets for a Winder 1 to convert. My
non-convertable one (which I bought new before the Winder 2 existed) has
the serial number 121102.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229