Re: [OM] OM-77 quality

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-77 quality
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 00:55:02 EDT

<< I popped open the back and nearly lost my lunch. The insides looked like
 something that had wandered in from Elbonia. The appearance and finish
 were utterly beneath contempt. I can't remember when I last saw such an
 ugly, shoddy piece of work from a major Japanese manufacturer.

It's just all the self-advancing stuff on the right and the DX contacts on the
left.  It's all stainless so it reminds me of when I had braces.  As far as
hardware, I don't think this is the part of the camera that goes awry, but the
switches and contacts that turn on the AF and open the shutter. And BTW, it is
high tech plastic and doesn't need foam seals because of the configuration.

Warren Kato